Tough, Smart, & Strategic Advocacy for Injured Wyoming Residents
A collision with a large truck can cause severe damages and injuries. Usually, the greatest harm is done to the individual who is driving the smaller vehicle. Negligent truck operators and trucking companies need to be held accountable for their wrongdoing.
If you have been involved in a commercial truck accident, you deserve to obtain the maximum compensation for your physical and emotional recovery. Our Cheyenne truck accident lawyers at Bailey | Stock | Harmon | Cottam | Lopez LLP have a great track record providing effective representation for our Wyoming clients. We can provide you with the counsel, resources, and advocacy necessary for your case.
Truck Accident Experience
Our experience is your advantage when it comes to filing a personal injury claim for a truck injury. With over 100 years of combined experience, our truck accident lawyers in Cheyenne can guide you through any truck accident lawsuit.
We represent clients throughout Wyoming who have received injuries from:
- Trucking collisions
- Rear-end truck accidents
- Commercial truck brake failure
- Unsecured loads
- Aggressive driving
- Head-on accidents
- Drug-related accidents
- Driver fatigue truck accidents
- Accidents from DWI/DUI
- Big truck rollovers
- Improper maintenance of roads
What Are the Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents?
There can be multiple factors that contribute to a trucking accident, including any of the following:
- Defective trucks or improper maintenance
- Intoxicated, drowsy or drugged drivers
- Aggressive driving or excessive speed
- Distracted truck drivers
- Improperly loaded cargo
Who Can Be Liable in a Truck Accident?
Truck accident liability can fall on:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The manufacturer or supplier
- Someone else depending on the circumstances of the accident
How is Truck Accident Liability Determined?
In order to win your truck accident claim, you will need to prove that the accident was caused by negligence. In trucking accidents, there are several parties who could contribute to an accident via negligence:
- The Trucking Company - The trucking company can be held responsible for failure to properly maintain the truck itself, for hiring inexperienced or negligent drivers, for forcing their drivers to drive excessive hours, etc.
- The Driver - If the driver was intoxicated or under the influence of drugs at the time of the incident, they can be found personally liable for the accident.
- The Manufacturer/Cargo Loaders - If the accident resulted from improperly loaded cargo, the manufacturer or cargo loaders can be held liable.
Determining liability in a complicated trucking accident requires a professional truck accident lawyer. Contact our firm today to share your story with our team and get started with your case.
Premier Legal Services You Can Count On
Have the peace of mind that your truck accident case is in good hands when you rely on the skilled lawyers at Bailey | Stock | Harmon | Cottam | Lopez LLP.
If you or a family member were injured or killed in a truck accident, our truck accident attorneys in Cheyenne, experts in Wyoming trucking accident law, can help you effectively negotiate settlement terms, or represent your case in court.
Truck Accident Blog Posts
- Spring Snow and Semi-Trucks
- Trucking Accidents
- Top 5 Things to do (and not do) After a Car Accident
- Don't Wait to Get Treatment After Your Car Accident
When it comes to estate planning, my wife and I were amazed at the quality of work, promptness, reasonable fee, and professionalism of attorney Lance Harmon.