Cheyenne Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys
Proudly Representing Victims of Drunk Driving Injuries in Wyoming
Drunk driving is a significant problem in the U.S. Two-thirds of Americans will be affected by a drunk driving crash in their lifetime. Every two minutes someone is injured because of drunk driving.
Bailey | Stock | Harmon | Cottam | Lopez LLP represents many clients who have sustained injuries due to accidents caused by intoxicated drivers. Our Cheyenne drunk driving accident lawyers can evaluate your case, help you file a claim, and represent your rights to receive fair compensation for the damages you incurred from the accident.
Filing a Drunk Driver Accident Claim
If you were injured in an accident that was caused by an individual whose ability to drive had been impaired by alcohol consumption, whether legally intoxicated or not, you have the right to file a claim to recover damages. Depending on the drunk driver’s past driving record, and the severity of your injuries, he or she could face fines, driver’s license suspension, probation, or jail time.
What to do After Being Hit by a Drunk Driver:
- Contact your insurance company to inform them that you may file an uninsured driver or SUM claim in the near future
- Contact the insurance company of the driver that hit you to inform them that you may file a claim in the near future
- Prepare yourself to be involved in the potential upcoming criminal process
- Before taking any settlements, speak with an attorney, do not take the first settlement offer by impulse
- Find out information about the drunk driver, such as where they were drinking, and gain any witness information possible
What is the Average Settlement for Drunk Driving Accidents?
The guilty party will also be responsible for paying any damages. These expenses are usually taken care of through the individual’s insurance company. While it's difficult to make a general statement about drunk driving settlement amounts (since all accidents are different), most settlements take into account the following damages:
- Hospital bills
- Long-term medical treatment
- Lost wages
- Vehicle repair or replacement
- Rental car
- Funeral expenses
Wyoming Drunk Driving Statistics
Drunk driving poses a serious threat to drivers throughout the state of Wyoming. The below data was collected by the Wyoming Department of Transportation:
- In 2012, DUI arrests made up about 33% of arrests across the state of Wyoming
- In the same year, the average blood alcohol content for those arrested for public intoxication in Wyoming was 0.267 (over 3 times the legal amount)
- In 2012 almost 3% of individuals arrested for DUI were under 21 years of age
- As reported by the 340 minors who were arrested for DUI in 2012, some of the most common areas where minors obtained alcohol included: parties, their home, a bar or a liquor store
- In 2012 over 980 traffic accidents in Wyoming were attributed to driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol; 402 crashes resulted in injuries, 37 crashes resulted in death
Hold Drunk Drivers Accountable for Their Actions
At Bailey | Stock | Harmon | Cottam | Lopez LLP, our Cheyenne drunk driving accident attorneys are dedicated to seeking justice for victims of drunk driving injuries in Wyoming. We understand the devastating impact that these accidents can have on individuals and their families, and we are here to help you navigate the legal process and hold the responsible parties accountable.
When you choose our experienced legal team to represent you, we will:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident to gather evidence of the drunk driver's negligence
- Work with accident reconstruction experts to establish liability
- Calculate the full extent of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more
- Negotiate aggressively with insurance companies to ensure you receive a fair settlement
- Prepare your case for trial if a fair settlement cannot be reached
By seeking legal help before agreeing to a settlement, you can ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses. Our dedicated team is here to guide you through every step of the legal process and fight for the justice you deserve.
Seek Legal Help Before Agreeing to a Settlement
Work with our personal injury legal team to find out what your case is really worth. Insurance companies will want to pay you the minimum possible amount. With an aggressive lawyer on your side, you can help ensure that the insurance companies will not shortchange you.
Let our drunk driving lawyers in Cheyenne at Bailey | Stock | Harmon | Cottam | Lopez LLP provide you with the legal representation you deserve. Dial (307) 222-4932 now to speak with one of our qualified advocates.
Over 175 Years of Combined Experience
Consistent & Reliable Client Communication
Millions Recovered for Personal Injury Clients
Diverse & Extensive Appellate Experience
Excellence in Written & Oral Advocacy
Longstanding Reputation for Honesty & Trust
Genuine Concern for Our Clients & Their Families