2023 is upon us, and before we know it, it’ll be September. But before that happens, it seems appropriate to pause and reflect back on 2022.
As a Personal Injury lawyer, I predictably met with far too many people who had been hurt by the carelessness or recklessness of others. The injuries ranged from cuts and bruises, to whiplash, to concussions, to serious broken bones or spinal issues that required surgery and that have permanently altered the lives of the victims. I also sadly worked on cases in which people were killed by the carelessness of others.
Whereas doctors, chiropractors, and physical therapists helped our clients with their physical injuries, we helped our clients with the myriad of other problems that arise after being injured. Through our services, clients unable to work were reimbursed for their lost wages. Past-due medical bills were finally resolved and collections efforts ceased. Claims for uninsured or underinsured coverage were paid. Pain and suffering and the intangible losses that were imposed on our client’s lives were valued and paid for.
We are grateful for the opportunities to serve our clients in 2022 and honored to have obtained justice for them.
Here are some of the successes:
- In conjunction with a Los Angeles firm, we obtained a $7 Million policy limits settlement for a boy who lost his parents in a trucking accident.
- We obtained over $2 Million in settlements for other clients in 2022.
- Nearly half of our clients received “Policy Limits” settlements, meaning we obtained the maximum amount possible for them.
- In cases where the insurance company offered a settlement to the client before the client hired us, we were able to obtain, on average, 6 times more. For instance, in one case, the insurance company offered the victim $20,451.48 to settle the claim. The victim hired us, and after we investigated and litigated, the insurance company offered $134,000.
- Many clients received small settlements in the $25,000 - $50,000 range for less serious injuries, but we consider these settlements just as important. The clients deserved fair compensation and weren’t getting it from the insurance companies without us.